Friday, August 21, 2009

Two Days Can Feel Like 5

I'm not sure how much sense this will make as I'm almost deliriously tired, I'm drinking a glass of wine, and um, I think there was something else I wanted to go here. Oh well. I just completed rewatching favorite scenes from my guilty pleasure show, True Blood. Yes, the HBO series about vampires. No, not my typical show. In fact, there's some parts I just have to skim right through, but there's something about seeing characters from books you've read come alive. And since it's a t.v. series, I feel like I get to see a lot, versus a movie, where so much is cut. Granted, things are modified for this show, but really, I think the actors have a pretty realistic portrayal of what I see in the books. Except for Bill. I think he's an a-hole in the books, and I love Eric. But Eric is so . . .manipulative in this show. Or maybe that's how he's supposed to be. Anyway, love him and Godric.

Moving on, (see, told you this would be bizarre), first days of school went decently well. My classes are chattier than I expected them to be, but since most of them have gone to school together for years, I guess that makes sense. Today, the kids had an essay due about themselves (yes, I give them homework the first night of school--hehe), and a few of them were persuaded to read theirs. One boy, who I know a little from last year, referred to me in his essay and called me a "gorgeous goddess"--only he called me Mrs. Sullivan, so maybe he really meant my mom. The kids all giggled and looked at me; I almost interrupted him and then just let him finish the essay b/c I know he has this tendency to make statements like that to teachers . . .he has a very unique personality. He's had some trauma in his life recently. Anyway, so far, I've liked this class better than last year's as a whole. Cannot figure that out--last year's class had a lot of kids I really like, but I just feel like I'm going to like this one better.

Well, I must be off to my bed. It almost feels as if pieces of me are becoming detached from the whole. That makes no sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment