Sunday, August 9, 2009

Just sittin' at the dock of the bay

I wish I were sitting on dock by a bay somewhere. That'd be so great. Instead, I'm sitting at a B&N wifi hotspot, which is undeniably a good thing to have, but it also means I'm on the road again, not at home, where I'd rather be.

It's up to Chi-town this week for a Catholic conference thingy-ma-bobber. I really hope it's worth the time I'm sacrificing getting ready for school, which, scarily enough, is staring me in the face again. I thought I was ready, but I'm so not! But . . .thanks to Beka, my classroom is at least painted. One three year goal reached at last!

Yesterday I was in Indy to bid adieu to my friend Marty, who is moving to China to teach English. In his words, I will see him again "between 1 and 20"--years that is. And for the first time in my life, I contemplate seriously visiting China. I've been promised a good time. Might be worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment