Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Odds and Ends

I have a myriad of thoughts running through my brain right now, so bear with me.

1st: I am mostly pleased to note that the new kitchen knife is quite sharp. How do I know this? 1: it cut through the rind of the honey dew melon I purchased. 2: it cut through a piece of my finger. Slippery little sucker.

2nd: Oh, me. I overspend. I overdrafted! Anxiety sets in. IMUSTNOTPURCHASEANYTHINGTOMORROW! Say it with me now: I must not purchase anything tomorrow! Maybe if I say it over and over . . .

3rd: I like boys. I don't mean in a creepy way. I mean in a "you are kind of weird but often funny and I get you a lot more than I used to" kind of way. That made no sense. Well, it does to me. Anyway, they look at the world so differently than I do. For instance, I love that my cousin Kyle referred to my big purple ring that KC made me as an egg. I could almost hear the thought processes rushing through his head as he stared at it when we were visiting in IA this summer. "Ok, that one is a butterfly, and that one is . . .a massive lump that has a kind of point at one end and a large rounded other side--like an egg!" I'm sure he felt triumphant figuring that out. Also, I saw HP #6 tonight, and it just cracks me up watching Harry and Ron fumble their way through girls. Ron especially has so little clue.

4th: Two thoughts occurred to me as I used the movie restroom tonight--one for each time I used it. 1: why do some stalls not have the little slidey lock thing anymore? I mean, does someone go into a violent rage and pry them off? Does someone steal them? Do they fall off? This is what I ponder as I lean forward to prevent the door from popping open during use. 2: why, on God's green earth, do people paint bathrooms in movie theaters that hideous neon yellow? It doesn't make things bright and cheery as one might think. No, it casts a heinous, jaundice-like hue on everything. Shudder.

5th: Curly hair is so damn expensive. Yes, it deserves an expletive. I know Mrs. Moutos would be disappointed in me using a four letter word when I know so many longer ones, but really, sometimes the occasion just calls for it. Anyway, yes, curly hair is ridiculous. At least mine is. I can never just buy those cheap little general store products. I can never just settle on one little anti frizz cream to style it. No, it takes multiples of these products so that I may go into overdraft to have half way decent hair. Straight haired people, let me never hear you complain that you can't do anything with your hair. At least it can be managed cheaply.

2 comments:

  1. First of all, I will always appreciate your randomness, even when it's especially random. B, so SO very glad you finally got to go see HP#6. III, maybe you should shave your head and see how your hair grows back? Maybe it would be all straight and cheaply manageable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The shave your head comment reminds me of something from our high school days . . .do you recall Rayanne? Her hair was . . .less than flattering to her, and you made some comment once like, "She should just shave it off and start over." Ok, probably this is evil of me, but I still remember the expression in your voice, and it still makes me laugh.

    ReplyDelete