Sunday, December 6, 2009

Where'd the Fun Times Go?

I've had one of those weekends where I should have gotten a lot more done than I did. And of course that makes me wonder why because it wasn't like I didn't do something fun this weekend.

So--I was wondering, as I did the dishes (not listed under my fun weekend activities), why I didn't get much done. Well, I think I'm having trouble letting work go. I can think of about 30 things I need to do for school and about 15 that I'd like to get done for school, and it just seems easier to shaft the fun things to the side. Well, that's at least part of it.

I had this sudden memory of myself in the back of a car, slightly drunk, and singing along with the other car occupants our own version of "Soon and Very Soon." And then I remembered how hard I laughed that night, how I got all dressed up and was surrounded by single, fun friends. We went dancing and yes, drinking, with abandon down in Mt. Adams at the Pavilion with the slightly frightening women (supposedly sexy) painted on the walls. It was so fabulous, and I thought it was the harbinger of great times to come.

Alas, how fleeting such times are. And now I'm watching The Holiday--bringing back more memories of good times . . ."Well, hello, big dollop."

Where'd the roommates and the single people and the good times go?

Sigh. Now I realize why some people don't want to ever grow up.

1 comment:

  1. I just hope your driver wasn't slightly drunk when you were flexing your pipes in the backseat. Oh, does that put a little bit of a damper on the whole "good times" thing? I can't help it, I'm a cautious individual.

    And there are still plenty of good times to be had, Miss K - come be my roomie in DC and we'll hit the town as a couple of single gals. =)

    ReplyDelete