Tuesday, September 29, 2009

The Whirlwind of Time

Jeesh.

I wrote that at the bottom of an email today and realized that I don't use that word ever. But I should because it's just so cool.

Anyway, realized that it's been a while since I've been on this. Yikeys! That wasn't meant to happen. But that's what happens sometimes when you got something to do or somewhere to be every night for a couple of weeks. This week should slow down a bit. I'm still craving more sleep apparently. For instance, today I almost slept through school. Yes, if I didn't live right below Janet, I would have slept on and on and on this morning as evidently I set my alarm for 5:45 p.m., not a.m. Ooops.

But I got ready in 20 minutes, and my students were only waiting outside my room for a couple of minutes before I got there. They were really nice about it. Unfortunately, maybe because of the weather change or my sick feeling or just plain busyness, I still don't feel quite "with" it. I frustrated myself today because during 7th period, I was so immature. It's so embarrassing to think about. I hang my head at myself. I laugh at words in front of my whole class that I know other teachers would frown upon or give out demerits for. I probably should, too, but how can I when I laugh just as hard as everyone else?

Of course, the kiddos don't think that's a bad thing, but I just . . .doubt that. I felt like my filter of thoughts that usually knows when I should and should not mention something just wasn't working today, like it was still sleeping, waiting for that NPR morning edition to wake it up.

Oh, crapola. Must enter some grades and then head to bed so I don't have a repeat of this morning tomorrow. Although I did change my alarm time like a good little teacher . . . Ooh, bonus: a good book of which to read a chapter or two before the final "lights out." I am the Messenger . . .check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment